Logan+Laura+Ben+Everly+Reagan+Leia

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Gift Giving

I love giving gifts, I also love getting them...but who doesn't?

Recently I hosted a White Elephant gift exchange, the idea being to exchange gifts that you already had laying around the house. Some of them quite humorous and others turned from trash to treasure with the new owner.

I gave a Christmas decoration that I cannot remember  where I required it from, but it had plastic greenery that resembled algae. I received a very LARGE spatula that I could be used to flip a pancake the size of a large pan, or a pizza. I loved it! I mean it is something I would never buy but if I ever needed it, now I have it!

In my opinion I love hand made gifts (that includes baked goods) or gifts that you put together as several parts. For example, we received a picnic basket for our wedding day. Inside, it had all the things necessary to go on a picnic. Just something that doesn't say "Hey I picked this up at Macy's last week, it was pretty."

That is why my favorite place to buy gifts for others are local stores. Instagram is EXPLODING with independent businesses. Some of my favorite include: The Banner Shoppe,  Just Add Sunshine Inc.  Hello Lovely People (Watercolor prints), Gulush Threads, and Dunn Rustic Designs...is it sad I could go on and on?

This year for Christmas I tried to shop at local stores  ( I did have to go to Macy's for two things, no shame). Some of the best places were two little shops in Eufaula, AL, which looks like a story book southern town..someone told me it is where they filmed Sweet Home Alabama? It was great to support their local business. One was Superior Pecans & Gifts, they were beyond excited! They even took a picture of our group...which we get a lot of attention for all the sweet babes!


Although a gift can be physical, I also love gifts such as "Go have a date night" which my mom loves to give Logan and I or go sleep in, I will watch Ben!

No matter what the gift is I believe as long as it comes from a place of love whoever receives it will feel the love!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun! I've been wanting to have a "favorite things" party and I wish I could do it in GA, because I know you'd be a perfect friend to have that with. ;) Love the pics!! ~Chels

    ReplyDelete