Logan+Laura+Ben+Everly+Reagan+Leia

Monday, December 15, 2014

A Hoosier in a Southern World

Since moving to the south I have developed a love/hate relationship with this whole new world.

I have always heard about "southern hospitality" and it is a wonderful thing. Most often appreciated at the grocery stores. Yes, grocery man, I would love for you to carry out my groceries! Even if you do call my cart a "buggy"

My neighbors are also amazing! Offering to babysit whenever needed, even though I know they are crazy busy (maybe they hear him screaming at night, and take pity?).

I love the grits here, they are legit.

Chicken Biscuits, yes please...

Also the weather (mentioned earlier) is wonderful during "winter." I never have to worry about scraping ice off my windshield when I leave the house.

There are also some things I do not understand:

Why is everything monogrammed? Believe me, I love a good monogram but sometimes I feel like it is taken to the extreme down here.  Bless them.

Boutique baby clothes. I have to admit, some are adorable, but if you asked a hoosier what a john-john is, they would look at you like you have lost your mind. Also, there is one for every holiday.

The driving! Seriously, I have always had a touch of road rage but not using your turn signal is just ILLEGAL!

Y'all. Enough said.

A pork shoulder is also known as a "Boston butt" mmm I love to each things that have the word "butt" in them :)

The standards for lawn care are beyond my budget, although I do appreciate a nice green lawn.

Those are my random thoughts of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment