Logan+Laura+Ben+Everly+Reagan+Leia

Monday, March 16, 2015

What did you learn in class today?

So I wasn't sure what to write about. Seems like my life is the same, "Hi, my names Laura I am a mom and wife." Well before I was a mom I had this little thing called a career, no biggie...just that thing adults do to make money. I almost forget what those days are like and wonder how I will do it all when I go back...

Well while I am a stay at home mom I am getting my masters in early childhood education. That's right people, future preschool teacher here. In all realness though I have learned more about my own child going through this program, I feel like I should've started this the day I found out I was pregnant.

Tonight we had to watch a two minute video and write a discussion...here's the video:

Before you watch know, I watched this and my thoughts were "well that's weird, makes sense I guess" ...now how did I turn that into 3-5 paragraphs, I still don't know...but here watch this, it's called the Still Face Experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzXGEbZht0


if you are really interested you can watch this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG89Qxw30BM


I almost got more out of this one only because it showed older children at the end...

Communication is something Ben has learned from birth, which is scary to me because I feel like that is when I communicated the worst with others (I was so tired). Recently though I realize how important it is to teach him to communicate in the right ways with others. One of the things I try NOT to do is be on my cell phone while his attention is on me. After watching these videos I am reminded of that mom in the waiting room on her cell phone and her kid screaming "MOM MOM MOM" trying anything to get her attention. Children need attentive adults teaching them to communicate and not just in words in actions too. I forget how Ben can communicate even though his go-to word is "da" ...he points, smiles, screeches, hugs and etc all not words but all the same they have meaning.

It is so crazy how fast Ben is learning and I want every moment to count. I love watching him grow and learn and think gosh how blessed I am to see those little and big moments every day.

Well there you have it, that's what I learned in class today/tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment