Logan+Laura+Ben+Everly+Reagan+Leia

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Boys


When I was pregnant, I wanted a girl. I have to be honest. Although, I want a healthy baby more than anything. Well, I had a boy. A healthy beautiful boy or handsome as his daddy likes me to say. Now I am oh so glad! I was always told God would give me the baby I was meant for but I never really understood that until now. Even when Ben was younger I would think "God, I can't handle sleep deprivation, why did you give me a baby that doesn't sleep" Then I hang out with my friends who have girls and look at how different it is and I laugh. God knows exactly what he is doing.

What I have grown to know and love about my boy:

Dirt is okay, actually encouraged...please go roll around and get some of that energy out!

When going on a park play date, wear tennis shoes because that boy will not stop running ...

If he doesn't like something he will let you know...this is usually in public, screaming

He will fall, a lot, and your girl mom friends will look in horror while you just sigh and go about your day

Sleep, enjoy it when it last and don't expect it. No, don't even try to compare him to the little paci poppin' princess down the street!

How to stop and enjoy the "calm" moments like reading a book. They do come and are so precious.

They can charm the pants off a stranger with one smile.

Putting together an outfit is so much simpler when you don't have to coordinate bows...plus it will probably be dirty within the hour


I love my boy, although he's a lot to keep up ....we know we were meant for each other.






1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS. Laughed out loud at "... please go roll around and get some of that energy out!" Sooo true, and I could relate to every one of these! The first picture of Ben is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete