Logan+Laura+Ben+Everly+Reagan+Leia

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Grief

This time of the year is always rough for me. Mainly because at the end of the month is the anniversary of my father's passing.  I try to remember the memories not the memories I wish I had. Of him holding Ben, him seeing our wonderful home and the list goes on...

Grief is a strange thing to talk about and everyone talks about it differently. For me I either 1)Cry, just ugly face cry or 2) I don't talk about it
I have to say I have experienced a lot of grief with my family and I can recognize things that help me, maybe they will help you too?

Walks: just get out of the house! I am lucky the weather is nice here in GA
Food: I find comfort in great tasting food, making and eating it
Friends: I went to the park with a friend the other day and it was the best "distraction"
Family: making new memories and remembering to laugh

With Logan gone nights it has been hard to distract myself, but I am beyond blessed to have the memories I have with my Dad, he was a great one!


1 comment:

  1. You had me in tears at "I try to remember the memories, not the memories I wish I had." Love you friend! (And holy hottness, what a stunning picture.)

    ReplyDelete